Page Intentions: The Outlet Comics Submission page aims to be a hub for you to discover and post open submission periods, calls for art, and grants.
Current State: We are just starting to grow this page and new information will be added as it becomes available.
Have Submission Information to Share? Send submission information directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also post it in the “calls-for-submissions” channel on our Discord server and we’ll make sure it gets added here.
Submission Compilations and Resources
- Comic Publisher Submission Guidelines – Comic Book School’s guide to submissions for most major comic publishers. Updated regularly.
- Grants, Fellowships, and Residencies for Cartoonists! – An extensive list of grants, fellowships, and residencies for cartoonists compiled and released regularly by Melanie Gillman.
- Find Anthologies! on Twitter – A great Twitter account that reposts open anthology submissions of all kind.
- Call for Submissions on Twitter – Twitter account that list paying calls for submissions and no-fee competitions (with prizes) for literary writers. They occasionally have comic related posts as well.
Continuously Open Calls For Submissions
- Back to Print‘s the deadline. – A Chicago-based quarterly literary newspaper. Always accepting story submissions in the form of writing, poetry, reviews, drawings, cartoons, etc. Send your submissions to email@example.com.
Current Open Calls For Submissions
- I Like Robots! – This is Chidrawgo’s latest publication, published by Outlet Comics (so we’re maybe a little sweet on this one.) This will be a full color 8.5″ x 11″ magazine, looking for sequential art, illustrations, and writing. – Open through March 28, 2021.
- Tales of the Dispatch from Indie Comix Dispatch and SnowyWorks. Accepting accepting short sequential art stories, either black and white or full color, for their new digital anthology. – Open through February 20, 2021.
- 5th Annual Queer Comics “Prism Award” – The Prism Awards are presented to comic works by queer authors and stories that promote the growing body of diverse, powerful, innovative, positive or challenging representations of LGBTQAI+ characters in fiction or nonfiction comics. – Open through February 28, 2021.
Closed Calls For Submissions
We like to keep these here because they are great for reference and you never know when they might post a new call, so click through and give some follows.
- The 2021 Cartoonist Studio Prize presented by The Center for Cartoons Studies and The Beat – Closed February 15, 2021