Page Intentions: The Outlet Comics Events page aims to be a hub for you to discover and promote all comic related events happening far and wide, from large conventions to local meet-ups and comic shop sales.
Current State: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the necessary reduction of in-person events, we have scaled back the functionality of this page and have shifted focus to mostly online events. Events are available in a list or calendar format and are searchable by date and keyword. We will add functionality (such as additional search and display options, the ability to list events on your own, or sell tickets) back in as this page grows and it becomes financially feasible to do so.
To List an Event: Send event details and display image to email@example.com. You can also list it in the “classes and meet-up” or “conventions” channels on our Discord server and we’ll make sure it gets added here.
- This event has passed.
Chidrink & Cadrawgo Vol. 11
March 2, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm CSTFree
Hey! We see you peeking!
Wait! Wait, don’t go. We didn’t mean to frighten you.
Are you looking for spring? Yeah, us too, buck-a-roo. February is the longest shortest month of the year and we’re excited for it end. March means spring “Just Around the Corner!” <- Our theme for the month.
So come warm up your bodies (with boozes) and your drawing skills at our next drink and draw.
It’s Chidrink & Cadrawgo! Chicago’s highest rated basement drink and draw!
What’s a Drink and Draw?
This is a chill-vibes, BYOB event where folks get together and draw in the same space, working on whatever they choose. They are welcome to enjoy the libations they bring and the supplies we provide.
- Come Drink! – BYOB. We can’t buy you boozes, but we’ll have some cups and bottle openers if you need them. Do you have to drink? Nope! Actually many of us frequently don’t. (Or just plum forget because we’re so into what we’re drawing.)
- Come Draw! – We’ll have simple supplies like paper, pens, pencils, erasers, and markers if you are in need. Work on your own stuff or use one of our prompts. We’ll have prompts! Do you have to draw? Nope!. We have coloring books and crayons if you just want to come for a chill night in an art space. We’re also happy to give you points in the right direction if you want to learn to draw.
- Bring a Friend! – Don’t want to come alone, but don’t have any friends that draw? We’ve got you covered. As we mentioned above we’ll have coloring pages and crayons for your artistically-challenged allies.
- Pet Mooge! – Mooge is a doggo. A good doggo. Mooge will be there until Mooge is not, then Mooge will be elsewhere. Do you have a doggo? This event is dog friendly for your well-behave, potty-trained dogs.
- Be Who You Are! (unless you’re a jerk or a pre-heart enlarged Grinch) – These events are completely inclusive. We accept and respect everyone exactly as they are. If you don’t share this view (i.e. if you are a jerk or pre-family-vanish Kevin), please do not attend.
When is it?
Month, day from 7-9pm
(It’s the first Saturday of every month for those of you that want to plan in advance. Tell Alexa to add it to your teleportation schedule!)
Where is it?
Graham Crackers Comics in Lakeview – 3162 N Broadway St, Chicago, IL 60657
It’ll be in the basement, which is different from your parent’s basement where you keep all those issues of X-Men #1 you bought back in 1991 thinking they’d be worth something. It’s where Graham Crackers Comics in Lakeview keeps all their issues of X-Men #1 they bought back in 1991 thinking they’d be worth something. Joke’s on us!
What else can I expect?
Graham Crackers Comics let’s us host this event after store hours. So if you get there and the door is locked Eric will have his number posted on the door. Call him and he’ll let you in. Sometimes the event goes a little past 9pm. At the end of the event Joe will yell “PENCILS DOWN” and we’ll go round-robin sharing what we’ve worked on. There is no judgement, only encouragement. Still, if you’d rather not share, just say “sugarpeas” and we’ll move on the next person.
What does Chidrink & Cadrawgo mean?
Since “Chicago Drink & Draw” and “Drink & Draw Chicago” seemed to be taken already, we did the only sensible thing and mushed them all together. Thus, CHIDRINK & CADRAWGO! Don’t worry, it gets easier to say the more you drink. Just kidding! We can’t even say it sober. You try!