Pitches are now being accepted for submissions to Chidrawgo’s next publication! Chidrawgo Magazine presents “I Like Robots” published by Outlet Comics.
Why Submit to Us?
Chidrawgo is a drawing collective based in Chicago which has been getting artists together, encouraging creativity, and producing zines since 2018. We have created 4 zines that have featured some crazy rad artists and now we are taking our publications to the next level. We’re making an anthology magazine and we want you to be a part of it! This professionally printed 8.5″ x 11″ full-color magazine will be entitled “I Like Robots” and it will be all about, you guessed it, ROBOTS!
“I Like Robots” is an intentionally broad theme. This gives you the freedom to explore whatever story comes to mind. Whether your work centers on a robot protagonist, gives us a robot blueprint breakdown, is set in a post-robot-war future, or just happens to involve a couple of friends chatting it up about robotics, that’s up to you. We want you to have a good time with it.
Types of Submissions
We’re big comic fans! That said, a magazine format opens us up to including all kinds of submissions, most of which are eligible for payment. Your payment-eligible submission can be:
- Sequential Art such as full comic pages, comic strips, or gag cartoons.
- Illustration such as full page illustrations or paintings, pin-ups, concept art, blueprint and schematic pages, or collage.
- Writing, such as articles, short stories, interviews, or poetry.
- If you have something you’d like to submit that does not fall into those three categories, just let us know and we’ll see if it’s a good fit.
Sketches! We encourage folks to create no matter where they are on their journey. Some works might not be ready for paid publication, but we want to make sure your work has the opportunity to be seen. Feel free to send any robot themed sketches or works in progress directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be dedicating some space in our publication to shout out as many as we can and encourage you to keep creating.
- Pitch submissions will be open until 11:59PM CST March 28th, 2021.
- Pitch approval will occur no later than April 4th.
- Completed works will be due on May 31st.
- This project will be launched as a Kickstarter on May 1st.
- Printing is targeted for mid-July.
- Format will be 8.5” x 11” magazine. All original art should be at least this size or larger and fit this format.
- Full-color and B&W accepted.
- High-resolution digital images, scans, or professionally lit pictures only.
- Submissions should be 1-5 pages in length. We do have room for a few larger submissions, so feel free to pitch them, but please have a 1-5 page submission in mind if we cannot accommodate the full length.
- Nothing hateful or discriminatory. We have no interest in publishing anything racist, misogynistic, classist, ableist, xenophobic, homophobic, transphobic, or work that contains objectification or gendered slurs.
- Keep it PG-13-ish. Nudity and suggested sexual acts are all fine. Explicit depictions of sexual acts are delightful, but not what we are currently looking for.
- Multilingual submissions are welcome, please just provide us an English translation.
- Submissions must be all original content (unpublished elsewhere). Simultaneous submission is fine, but please tell us if it gets placed elsewhere.
- Submissions may not include any copyrighted material that is not owned by the submitter.
- Creators retain ownership and rights to their submitted works. Submitted works will be included in print and digital copies of the magazine and may be used in promotional material for the publication or Kickstarter.
Payment and Compensation
All accepted submissions will receive $50 per page to be paid upon successful completion of the Kickstarter Campaign. Stretch goals for the campaign will include possible payment of up to $100 per page.
All accepted contributors will receive one complimentary copy of the publication and will be able to purchase additional copies at cost. The amount of at cost copies you would like must be known prior to printing.
Submit Your Pitch
Once you have read ALL of the above information, please use this Google Form to submit.
Need a Little Help Getting Going?
Chidrawgo’s very own Joe Crohn is standing by to write scripts for you to make art to. You can give him a shout directly from his website. You can also check out the #collaborate channel on our Discord server to help you find folks to smash creative energies with.
If you have any questions please reach out to us directly at email@example.com and don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for all the latest updates and silliness. We’ll be going ham on some robot-ness and you don’t want to miss out!
Onward! To Robots!